Cherished Memories: A Gift to Remember 2

So, here's what I remember of the first one - Darcy (Ali Liebert) hits Aidan (Peter Porte) with her bike last year and he ends up in the hospital with amnesia. Darcy sets off to connect clues to help Aidan remember who he is. They end up together at the end. He has a dog. She runs a bookstore. Now you're caught up. Welcome to the sequel.

I was absolutely prepared to not like this, but the ending is so incredibly charming that it was worth it.
via Hallmark Channel
We pick up a year after Aidan's accident and find that he and Darcy are very much still together. Aidan's still a teacher, Darcy still manages the book store. They live in the same building and both volunteer their time at the local community center. Things are good... until they learn that the community center is going to be sold. Darcy sets off to save the center while still trying to run her business. Aidan's big project is his Christmas present for Darcy - after learning about her dad handcrafting a Christmas village for her mom, Aidan decides to add to it, making the buildings. Along the way Aidan is helped out by their landlord's precocious nephew, staying with her while his parents are deployed. A chance encounter with a local emerging author helps save the center, and Aidan's village is a Christmas Eve hit.

-

Kids say the darndest things.

They live in the same building now. Cute!

That crooked painting/poster is going to drive me insane. I understand why it's like that but I don't have to like it.

It's really sweet that she's sharing the story of her parents' Christmas village with him.

11 minutes in and way over the "remembering" jokes.

Hallmark should put out a line of women's winter coats.

Snooooooooze.

I don't think I've ever actually eaten a gingerbread cookie.

"... say, you don't happen to have a secret stash of a whole bunch of money you haven't mentioned before?"
"That's a very common assumption about public school teachers."
Snort!

I've never seen Marco Polo played outside of a pool before. Come to think of it, I don't know why it's played in a pool.

"It's my first book." I totally thought he meant that it was his first book to read.

Why would you wear those shoes to stand in the snow? That's just ridiculous.

Again with the Christmas Eve obligations... I just don't get it.

I love taking kids out on special dress-up dates!

Local bookstores are so important!

Wait... Aidan and Marcus went all the way to Maine from Philly?

The village reveal is incredibly charming.

Definitely crying now! I am an absolute sucker for a military homecoming.

See you guys at the wedding!



















Comments